Friday, December 31, 2010

George Bailey

I Want the Moon. I want it. How many times do you think "It's a Wonderful Life" is watched every Christmas? Millions I say, Millions! George Bailey steals my heart every Christmas season and why? He isn't the strongest, prettiest, smartest or even richest boy on the block. As much as I adore my husband, he is NOT George Bailey. Then I had a moment of reflection, Clarence came down and spoke with me you might say. Alex IS George Bailey. He HAS given me the moon. Now this blog is not meant to be a "Marriage is My Life" blog, if so, I would be 200lbs heavier, have big hair, and wear stretch pants. but, really. I married George Bailey.  He never says a word and yet he is the most enlightened, strongest person I know. Does he always know what to say? Almost never. But he tries. He puts up with more than any person should. I can't tell you how many times he moved furniture for me at midnight. As I am typing, he is cleaning the kitchen. What a Guy! He gets up every morning at 4:00AM to go to work in the freezing cold so that I can have a beautiful home. We aren't millionaires and yet, he always wants to give to someone in need. He may not have promised me the moon but he lassoed it for me anyway. MUAH!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are so happy!! You found a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this :) Huzzah for blogging! I just started one too like a month ago. I can't tell you how much I can't wait to see you! Are you going to the thing tomorrow? I may not be able to make it, but for sure I will see you Monday!

    ReplyDelete